CALL FOR PAPERS: INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF PHENOMENOLOGY AND LITERATURE (An affiliate of the World Phenomenology Institute). The 29th Annual Conference, May 25 and 26, 2005. Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
LITERATURE AND TEMPORALITY
- Abstracts due: March 1, 2005; Full papers due: April 15, 2005.
- Registration Fee: US $125.00 (Fee entitles you to also attend the Fine Arts Conference.)
- Please send papers and abstracts to: Professor Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka, Program Coordinator,
World Phenomenology Institute, 1 Ivy Pointe Way, Hanover, NH 03755, USA, Fax: 802-295-5963.
1) Timing in writers' creative process;
2) Timing in the unfolding of emotions, intrigues, destinies in the literary work;
3) Meditative slowing and the dramatic speeding of the rhythm of life;
4) The temporal sequence of loss and retrieval;
5) Reality, memory and imagination in historical narration, memoirs, chroniques, biographies, historical fiction;
6) Creative imagination in transformation of memory;
7) Timing of narration vs. timing of theatrical staging and performance.