CALL FOR PAPERS: THE INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF PHENOMENOLOGY, FINE ARTS AND AESTHETICS (An affiliate of the World Phenomenology Institute): The 10th Annual Conference, May 27 and 28, 2005. Harvard Divinity School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
BEAUTY'S APPEAL IN THE TRANSFORMATION OF STANDARDS FOR VALUATION
Professor Patricia Trutty-Coohill, Secretary General; Professor Anna-Teresa Tymieniecka, Program Coordinator
Abstracts due: March 1, 2005; Full papers due: April 15, 2005.
Registration Fee: US $125.00 (Fee entitles you to also attend the Literature Conference.)
Please send abstracts and papers to: Professor Patricia Trutty-Coohill, Secretary General, 5 Loudon Lane North, Loudonville, New York 12211, USA, Fax: 518-465-5111.
1) Experience of beauty and its object;
2) Perspectives of valuation: aesthetic, artistic, natural, functional, utilitarian, moral;
3) Changing standards in experiencing the beautiful with the changes of prevailing styles: from Leonardo till contemporary primitive art;
4) The work of memory and imagination in appreciating the beautiful;
5) Beauty and the unique, the rare, the new;
6) Beauty of discovery;
7) Experiencing beauty with the enjoyment of life.