SPONSORED BY O-P-O
(Organization of the Phenomenological Organizations)
1. SEE LAST ISSUES HERE
2. SEE OUR ARCHIVES HERE
3. SUBMIT CONTENT HERE
4.SUBSCRIBE HERE OR HERE
5. LINK YOUR PAGE TO RSS
6. TECHNICAL ASSISTANCE
Newsgroup of phenomenology
was started on the 2nd of May 2002
and it currently has
PLEASE FORWARD THIS MESSAGE
to everybody you know who might be interested in such a newsletter
If you encounter any TECHNICAL PROBLEMS with receiving or displaying our newsletter, please check our FAQ page.
II OPO Meeting
Lima, Peru, August 15-20, 2005
ISSUE NUMBER 129 / 21-28 June 2005
Attention NEW registration deadline! Dear colleagues: Our new and final Registration Deadline for the SECOND MEETING OF THE ORGANIZATION OF PHENOMENOLOGICAL ORGANIZATION is June 30. If you have not received a confirmation note, you may have not completed your registration. Do not forget to attach your abstract! Tourist and Hotel Promotional Rates Deadline: ALSO JUNE 30
- The Merleau-Ponty Circle Conference on The Child and the Animal, Sept.
29 - Oct. 1, University of Oregon, Eugene. Program and information.
CALL FOR PAPERS
- The Society for Phenomenology and Media, 8th Annual International Conference, 23-25 Feb, 2006, San Diego.
The Society for Phenomenology and Media is accepting abstracts for its 8th annual international conference. Papers dealing with any aspect of media are considered. Theoretical diversity is encouraged, including analytic and linguistic analysis, Marxism, phenomenology, pragmatism, post-colonial theory, and other contemporary approaches. Keynoters in the past have included Anna-Teresa-Tymienieska, Vivian Sobchack, J. N. Mohanty, Bina Gupta, Maricio Beauchot, Antonio Zirion, Janina Makota, Arnor Hannibalsson, Barry Smith, and John Durham Peters. Past conferences have been held in Mexico, Finland, California, Utah, and Oregon. Inquiries should be addressed to Gabriella Romani: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Outis Project 4th International Annual Conference on Deception. 23-25 Feb, 2006, San Diego.
The Outis Project Conference on Deception is accepting abstracts for its 4th Annual International Conference. An interdisciplinary conference, papers are published in Outis, the conference journal, and have in the first three years included essays in architecture, art, anthropology, design, film studies, literature, marine biology, media studies, music, philosophy, political science, popular culture, psychoanalysis, psychology, and sociology. Past keynoters have included Maria Golaszewska (Jagiellonian University), Julia Iribarne (Organization of Phenomenological Organizations), and Paul Majkut (National University). Past conferences have been held in Krakow, Buenos Aires, and Helsinki. The title of the conference is taken from the name that Odysseus, held captive in the cave of Polyphemous, gives the Cyclops: Outis ("Nobody"). Inquiries should be addressed to Paul Majkut: email@example.com
- The Society for Phenomenology and Media invites submissions for a special issue of Glimpse: Media Phenomena devoted to the theme of sound. Glimpse: Media Phenomena is a peer-reviewed, print journal that addresses mediation as a political and philosophical problem of relations and connections. We invite submissions that examine the way that sound structures the environment and transforms sense. Topics include, but are not restricted to, the phenomenology of sound perception; the history of audio technology; sound and spiritual revelation; sonocytology and the sound of life; the relation between the auditory and other senses; acoustic ecology; the politics of noise and silence; sound poetry; sound in cinema; natural and artificial sound and fidelity in audile reproduction. We invite papers of 5000-7000 words, and shorter notes and comments of between 500 and 2000 words.
Deadline: September 1st, 2005.
Initial queries: Stephen Crocker firstname.lastname@example.org Editor, Glimpse: Media Phenomena Department of Sociology Memorial University of Newfoundland, St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada A1C 5S7,
Fax: (709) 737-2075
NEW BOOKS AND TRANSLATIONS
- HANS RUIN, En kommentar till Heideggers Varat och tiden (in Swedish), Södertörn Philosophical Studies vol 2. To order: email@example.com
NEW JOURNAL ISSUES